M.J. is a Certified Haitian-Creole Court Interpreter qualified in Simultaneous interpretation (SI), Consecutive interpretation (CI), and Liaison interpretation.
Some facts about M.J.:
- Fluent in English, French, and Haitian Creole; conversational Spanish (Diploma de Espanol Como Lengua Extranjera).
- Published writer who recently authored (among others) a trilingual children’s book (I Am Riding!) edited by Edwidge Danticat and published by One Moore Book.
- 10 years of experience in translating and interpreting from and into foreign languages at large conferences and formal meetings; business functions such as smaller meetings, exhibitions and product launches; criminal justice proceedings, known as public service interpreting or PSI, including police and probation service interviews, court hearings, solicitor interviews, arbitration hearings and immigration tribunals; community-based events and assignments within the education, health and social services sectors.
- Available for phone interpretation
Here are some Professional Development classes she’s taken recently:
- Domestic Violence (Criminal Vs. Civil) (CEAA #12-0040)
- Traffic – Infractions, Violations & Crimes (CEAA #12-0043)
- Firearms, Weapons, Gear and some Military (CEAA #14-0060)
- Ethics Workshop (CEAA #13-0056)
- Sight Translation Workshop (CEAA #13-0057)
- Ethics: Evolution and Applications (CEAA #12-0036)