M.J. and Patricia address each project with the utmost care, working as a team to ensure complete understanding of the source text and an accurate rendering of the final translation. They follow various translation-quality standards to ensure legal and ethical obligations to the customer.
The sisters specialize in literary (fiction and non-fiction), legal, educational, medical, business, financial and commercial documents, as well as in political campaigns. (Here’s a link to M.J.’s latest book-length translation.)
Quick Facts about M.J.
- Certified Florida Court Interpreter and Legal Translator
- Professional Writer and Editing Professional
- Fluent in English, French, and Haitian Creole; conversational Spanish
- Published widely in English, French, and Haitian Creole
- 10+ years of experience in teaching English, French, and Haitian Creole
- Received the “Beacon of Hope and Achievement” Award from the Haitian Consulate of Miami
They also translate/transcribe audiotapes such as preliminary hearings, arraignments, depositions, and trials. They supply subtitles for foreign films and television programs.
Quick Facts about Patricia
- 10+ years of experience in translating from/into English, French, and Haitian Creole
- Diploma Básico de Español Como Lengua Extranjera (DELE)
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), and the Order of the Engineer
The team was recently hired by the School of Medicine at the University of Miami to write two scripts aimed at creating awareness in the Little Haiti community about cervical cancer and the HPV virus. Both the English and Creole versions of the scripts took into account the culture of the audience and conveyed key information both effectively and creatively. Believable characters and situations were developed.
See for yourself:
Get a free quote and see how competitive we can be!